Sumary of Asian Mental Health Collective Wants to Destigmatize Mental Health in the APIA Community:
- Asian Mental Health Collective is about a year old, but you wouldn’t know it from its list of accomplishments so far.
- The org hosts group therapy sessions and weekly roundtable discussions, and has created a directory of Asian mental health professionals.
- It organizes an annual mental health conference, The Transformation.
- Vo started as an admin for the Subtle Asian Mental Health Facebook group about three years ago, one of the earlier spaces to speak to “the growing need for mental health [services] within the Asian community,” he said.
- As the follower numbers ticked up and topics became more serious, Vo and his colleagues created AMHC to expand the group’s mission: to destigmatize mental health within the Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) community.