Sumary of Doctor’s Important TikTok Message: “Going on a Diet Will Never Accomplish Your Weight-Loss Goals”:
- #health #physican #dietculture #foodtiktok ♬ original sound – Dr. Chisom Ikeji After seeing this impactful TikTok about not dieting anymore from internal medicine doctor, Chisom Ikeji, MD, we were so on board.
- “Many people have an unhealthy relationship with food, diet frequently, feel preoccupied by food thoughts, have guilt associated with eating, and compensate by restricting or overexercising, which impacts mental and physical well-being,” she explained.
- When Dr. Ikeji says “diets,” she is referring to restricting calorie intake, eliminating or restricting specific food groups, or limiting food consistencies (like solid food) in efforts to lose weight.
- Then because you regain the weight on a restrictive diet, you’ll go on another diet, and the yo-yo dieting cycle continues.
- Constantly feeling bad about your food choices, feeling like a failure when you don’t lose weight, and missing out on the things in life that make you happy because of restrictive dieting, can have negative effects on your state of mind.