Sumary of Here’s Why Libido Supplements Aren’t Always the Answer For Boosting Sex Drive:
- For this particular story, experts generally referred to people with female sex organs as women.
- Amidst the sea of powders, capsules, and gummies on the market said to help with things like stress, sleep, and skin health, there are also over-the-counter supplements marketed to support sex drive and arousal.
- Ahead, get expert input on if these products could have a positive effect on sex drive, a breakdown on some common ingredients found in these supplements, and what you need to know before adding any supplement into your diet.
- According to Kelly Culwell, MD, a board-certified ob-gyn, lack of sex drive in people with female sex organs can be impacted by a variety of different factors, like overall health, medications, relationship issues, stress, past experiences, and more.
- “There are physical conditions and/or physiologic factors that can lead to lack of sex drive, which may have the potential to be addressed with medications/supplements, but there is no ‘one size fits all’ treatment that works for all women who are experiencing decreased sex drive,” she said.