Sumary of Runners, This Physical Therapist’s Leg and Butt Strength Workout Is Calling Your Name:
- As runners, we know how important it is to log miles and improve our endurance, but you might be surprised to learn that strength workouts are just as crucial to keep you running strong.
- Building strength can help you get faster, ramp up your stamina, and avoid overuse injuries (the bane of a runner’s existence).
- That’s why we’re presenting you with this glute and leg strength workout created specifically for runners by physical therapist, certified strength and conditioning coach, and RRCA-certified Level 1 and 2 running coach Lauren Wentz.
- instead, we’ll be focusing on functional strength and preventing the “muscular imbalances and injuries that occur from the repetitive nature of running,” Wentz said.
- Because running is a “single-legged” activity (first one leg bears your weight and propels you forward, then the other), you’ll do exercises that work one leg at a time, helping you develop equal strength and balance in your lower body.