Sumary of Serena Williams Encourages Women in Sports to Persevere Amid Adversity: “You Have to Keep Going”:
- Competing in sports is one of the most empowering vehicles for coming into your own as a young woman — and 23-time Grand Slam singles title winner Serena Williams knows this.
- Williams, who is featured in Secret Deodorant’s new Just #WatchMe Olympics campaign focusing on the alarming sports dropout rates of girl athletes compared to boys, is also a testament to that.
- “Being an athlete, I really understand how much sport has helped me in my life, how it helps your confidence and it helps you develop so many crucial things that you can use literally the rest of your life,” Williams told POPSUGAR.
- ” Finances and seeing someone who looks like you excel, too, are crucial, and when it comes to both, Williams noted that she wouldn’t want daughter Olympia (who’s getting quite good at her tennis lessons!
- “That’s what I love so much about this Secret campaign and what Secret does and how they support and empower young girls,” Williams continued.