Sumary of 5 Snacks That Can Actually Help You Manage Your PMS Symptoms:
- In fact, according to Tracy Lockwood Beckerman, MS, RD, CDN, author of The Better Period Food Solution, and a U by Kotex partner, the body actually needs different nutrients at varying points of the menstrual cycle.
- Beckerman calls this editing of your diet during particular menstrual-cycle phases “food cycling” and says it can help you better understand your body’s rhythms.
- As Beckerman explains, hard-boiled eggs are a great source of vitamin D, which is an important player in reproductive health, regulating your mood, and assisting your hormonal balance.
- “Gut bacteria can often be disrupted by the rapidly changing hormone levels during periods, but probiotics in yogurt can help replenish and restore gut flora,” Beckerman explained.
- Sunflower Seeds “Sunflower seeds are high in vitamin E, which can reduce breast tenderness associated with PMS,” Beckerman noted.