Sumary of Meditation, Journaling, Salt Baths: Yep, We’re Copying Olivia Smoliga’s Mental Health Routine:
- Olivia Smoliga walked out on deck at the 2019 World Aquatics Championships, looked up at the crowd, and felt the nerves hit..
- A few days later, Smoliga earned her first ever long-course world championship medal, a bronze in the 100-meter backstroke..
- Smoliga had dealt with anxiety during competitions before, including at the Olympics, but what ultimately made those 2019 Worlds stand out was how she adjusted in time for her 50-meter backstroke race three days later..
- For Smoliga, who’s now preparing for the 2021 Olympic Trials, this revelation was just the start of her mental health journey..
- Working on her mental health so consistently, Smoliga said, is like practicing a swimming stroke over and over again..
- And that’s important, because for athletes, Smoliga believes good mental health is as essential as physical ability….