Sumary of Paralympian Olivia Breen Is “Speechless” After an Official Called Her Shorts “Inappropriate”:
- Image Source: Getty / Ashley Allen Paralympic world champion Olivia Breen is disappointed after an official at the English Championships called her sprint briefs “too short and inappropriate.
- Breen started off her sentiments by expressing gratitude for the “incredible volunteers” who officiate at events like the Championships.
- However, after she competed in the long jump event, Breen felt “disappointed” because a woman official “felt it was necessary” to comment on the length of the athlete’s shorts.
- com/QlYfPDmxEV— oliviabreen (@BreenOlivia) July 18, 2021 She recounted the experience further in an interview with the BBC: “I’d just finished my competition and was thanking the officials for their help and their support and this official came up to me and said ‘Can I talk to you?
- ‘” Breen explained that she’s been wearing the same type of shorts — a self-described “high-waisted bikini bottoms” style — for nine years.