Sumary of What a Hat Trick Means in Soccer – and How to Spot It at the Olympics This Summer:
- When talking about sports, a hat trick happens when a player scores three times in one game — so, no, it has nothing to do with headgear or a sleight of hand.
- In fact, in the sport known as football in most parts of the world, there are even different kinds of hat tricks that can be performed.
- At the 2021 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, we’ll most likely have several opportunities to see the feat achieved by the US women’s soccer team.
- In the most general sense, a hat trick refers to an individual player scoring three times in a single game.
- US Women’s National team player Carli Lloyd achieved this feat in a match against Japan in Vancouver, Canada, during the Women’s World Cup in 2015.
- With three goals in just 16 minutes, it was the fastest hat trick in Women’s World Cup history.What Is a Natural or Flawless Hat Trick?