Sumary of Pregnancy: the importance of music for the emotional development of the child:
- From these premises, Suoni in Pancia was born, a project that will come to life on March 31 at the birthplace led by Doctor Nicola Del Gaudio and Doctor Iolanda Chinellato, at the San Pio Hospital in Castellaneta, in Puglia.
- It has been scientifically shown that the fetus varies movements and modulates the heartbeat in response to music and that the experience of listening to music can prove to be an important tool for promoting brain development, especially language skills, and even for throwing the foundations of future emotional intelligence.
- Not a simple pre-birth course but a real sensory and experiential journey to discover the many benefits of music even on the belly.
- It has been known for some time that music is an important tool for the growth of children because it is able to help the little ones to develop their listening and observation skills, to increase imagination and creativity but also to increase concentration and attention.
- What we may not know, however, is that music could have important benefits on babies already during their development in the mother’s womb, or in what is called intrauterine life.
- “If up to now the studies have focused more on the pathological aspect – explains Dr. De Pace – currently, thanks to our knowledge on intrauterine life, we can think, not only of preventing pathologies of adulthood, but even of optimizing the potential of the individual.
- As regards music, specifically, it has been shown that it helps the development of the child’s language areas but above all that it builds the basis for emotional intelligence.