Sumary of Female intimate regeneration and reconstruction: the protocols of aesthetic medicine:
- According to the WHO (World Health Organization), more than 200 million women have suffered it and about 3 million girls every year, most of them before the age of 15, are at risk of being subjected to this practice.
- And informative which aims to be “information and knowledge, capable of indicating the way forward”, as the organizers specify, and involves personalities from medicine, culture and institutions and is open to the public.
- If on the one hand the increase in pathologies, especially neoplastic, of the female genital area (of the cervix, ovary, uterus, vagina and vulva) makes the reconstruction need an increasingly central need, on the other the demand to adequately address vulvar aging increases.
- The objective of the event was to compare the figures of the gynecologist and the plastic surgeon to address these topics in a multidisciplinary way, with a focus on intervention techniques, increasingly sophisticated and in continuous evolution, for the reconstruction and three-dimensional recovery of this area, as well as rejuvenation methods that also include minimally invasive approaches.
- With this premise, on 24 June the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Obstetrics and Gynecological Clinic of the University of Padua organized the Gynecare meeting – Vulvo-vaginal pathology, from demolition to reconstruction to cosmetic surgery.