Sumary of HRT, what HRT is and when it can help a postmenopausal woman:
- Variations that can, however, be kept under control through a specific therapy: Hormone Replacement Therapy, in fact.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): can it be a valuable help in menopause?
- Not only that, HRT seems to play an important role in prevention as well.
- At the base, the hormonal variations typical of the period, in particular the decrease in estrogen.
- Then the position in this regard has clearly changed: attention has shifted to the possible side effects that in some ways have been unfairly emphasized.
- In fact, over the years some risks related to taking hormone replacement therapy have been highlighted, in particular an increase in the risk of thrombosis and breast cancer.
- In the face of what could be important benefits, however, HRT is often viewed with suspicion.