Sumary of World Vitiligo Day, what it is and what is known:
- To date, it affects about 1% of the world population regardless of sex, age or ethnicity.
- Sun and protection, the two allies of vitiligo The sun is a great ally of vitiligo: “It has been shown how exposure, in appropriate times and ways, can help stimulate the production of melanin, playing a certain therapeutic role”, he explains Dr. Sinagra.
- “Vitiligo (or vitiligo) is a disease that involves the epidermal organ Instagram @ kasiasmutniak” It can occur at any age, including childhood, but it begins more frequently between 10 and 40 years “, explains Dr. Jo Linda Maria Sinagra, dermatologist of MioDottore.
- As the experts explain: “It is a disease about which little is known about yet.” The difference between the two types lies in the distribution of the patches: “If the lesions develop only on one side of the body, usually on the limbs, it is segmental vitiligo.
- “But without the proper precautions, the skin gets burned,” she echoes