Sumary of Crown to Couture: Lizzo and Lady Gaga’s dresses to appear alongside historic royal outfits in a ne…:
- In a bid to highlight the parallels between the world of the red carpet and the Royal court in the eighteenth century, dresses worn by celebrities including Lizzo and Lady Gaga will be displayed alongside historic costumes at one of the largest exhibitions ever staged at Kensington Palace.
- From the glittering world of the Georgian court to the high elegance of the modern-day red carpet, ‘Crown to Couture’ is a new must-see fashion exhibition at Kensington Palace in spring 2023, Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) noted.
- In addition to the dresses, a number of objects from Historic Royal Palace ‘Royal Ceremonial Dress Collection’ including fans, dress swords, hats, jewellery, shoes, stocking, stays, wig curler, etc will also find a place in the exhibition.
- This major exhibition tells the tale of how the rules and politics of dress at court have influenced modern-day couture fashion, it added.
- In this Christopher John Rogers ensemble, the vast skirt of the futuristic-style dress reflects the size and scale of dresses that would have been worn in this historic space centuries before, HRP said.
- We’re thrilled to be collaborating with a wide variety of well-known fashion houses and emerging designers to showcase some of the most iconic red carpet looks of recent years and celebrate the wonderful diversity and creativity we see there today, said Claudia Acott Williams, curator at Historic Royal Palaces.