Sumary of With All the Plant-Based Dairy Alternatives, We Asked a Dietitian: What’s Wrong With Dairy Milk?:
- ” ad campaign was displayed everywhere, and it seemed like all of our favorite celebrities were proudly sporting milk mustaches as a fashion statement.
- Somehow, drinking dairy milk became a polarizing topic, and many people turned to plant-based milk alternatives — almond, oat, hemp, soy, you’ve heard of them, and likely seen and ordered them in your favorite local coffee shop.
- The general consensus around milk seemed to shift, and though there have yet to be celebrity campaigns captioned “Got Almonds?
- One claim is that dairy contributes to inflammation, another is that it is packed with antibiotic byproducts, and another is that you can get the same nutrients from plant-based alternatives.
- Similarly to how breastfeeding people “pump and dump” when they don’t want infants to ingest alcohol or medications, when a cow is treated with antibiotics, farmers follow federal guidelines on how long they must discard her milk in order to prevent drug-residue exposure to humans.