Sumary of 7 major trends from Copenhagen Fashion Week AW22:
- “It’s been a challenge to plan for this,” said Cecilie Thorsmark, Copenhagen Fashion Week CEO, in her opening remarks on the first day of the Danish capital’s biannual fashion event.
- And certainly, Copenhagen Fashion Week Autumn/ Winter 2022 felt a little different than the SS22 event, which last summer had burst to life with a packed schedule of mask-free runway shows and a confident back-to-normal feel.
- “Not only is it the first day of Copenhagen Fashion Week, but it is also the first day in a very long time that things are back to normal in Denmark,” continued Thorsmark.
- She did not confirm whether the Danish government had purposefully timed the lifting of its lockdown to accommodate the economy-enhancing fashion week, but it seems likely to be more than coincidence.
- Nascent sustainable labels Kerne Milk and A Roege Hove drew attention from press and buyers for their hyper-eco approaches to design.