Sumary of AAFA welcomes USTR’S Notorious Markets Report – one tool in an urgent effort to curb counterfeits:
- The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) measure today’s merchandise of the 2021 Review of Notorious Markets by the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR).
- Year over year, we are satisfy that USTR — and other U.S. government agencies refer in the preparation of this report — elevate chromatic flags about the areas where imitations are grow internationally and online, said AAFA President and CEO Steve Lamar.
- While USTR enumerate many important notorious markets recommended by AAFA, the report missed the possibility to hold certain leading platforms responsible where the sale, and message, of imitations continues to proliferate and target uninformed American users.
- AAFA’s October 2021 submission cites growing concerns of counterfeit commodities entering the U.S. through domestic third-party online marts.
- This content was further describe in AAFA’s report Dupe Influencers: The Concerning Trend of Promoting Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, and Accessories on Social Media and joint AAFA-TRACIT fraudulent advertising report.