Sumary of Actors Are Still Bending Over Backward to Defend Woody Allen Wallace Shawn wants you to know he’s looked into the sexual-assault allegations, and he doesn’t believe them.:
- Photos: Getty Images Actors Wallace Shawn and Gina Gershon came to Woody Allen’s defense this week in a lengthy attack on his former stepdaughter Dylan Farrow and her allegations of sexual assault.
- For years, Farrow has said Allen molested her when she was 7. Her allegations went public in 1992, around the time her mother, Mia Farrow, split from Allen after his relationship with her daughter Soon-Yi Previn, who was 21 at the time, became public.
- Allen maintained his innocence and denies Dylan Farrow’s allegations to this day, as do Previn and his son Moses Farrow, who both claim Mia Farrow brainwashed Dylan.
- Despite repeating the accusations publicly over the next three decades, Mia, Dylan, and Dylan’s brother Ronan Farrow were largely ignored until Hollywood’s Me Too reckoning.
- In recent years, many actors have publicly supported Dylan and pledged not to work with Allen anymore, and his forthcoming movie A Rainy Day in New York was pulled from Amazon.