Sumary of How much? ‘Worn out’ £645 Adidas Stan Smith trainers sell out at Balenciaga:
- Andrew Groves, a professor of fashion design at the University of Westminster, certainly sees items such as Balenciaga worn-out sneakers as problematic.
- Balenciaga high top trainer called the Paris sneaker, a shoe so destroyed it would have been impossible to wear.
- Balenciaga, with the designer Demna (who goes only by his first name) at the helm, is one of the biggest fashion success stories of the last few years.
- He adds that, after the scandal over the adverts this week: I think the tide has firmly turned against Balenciaga dystopian vision of fashion.
- Gucci created a pair of dirty-on-purpose trainers in 2019, which are on sale on its website for £715. Golden Goose has long made these types of sneakers: a design called the Superstar Taped Sneaker in 2018 was deemed particularly offensive.
- It is more frequent to find, every now and then, a ‘hero product’, he says but to build a long successful successions as Balenciaga has done is rather rare.