Sumary of Adidas unveils baroque Real Madrid kit printed with Azulejos tile patterns:
- Sportswear company Adidas has created a baroque-style football kit for Spanish club Real Madrid, which incorporates the patterns found on Azulejos tiles in the city..
- The third shirt for Spanish top-tier football club Real Madrid features a grey, faded floral pattern printed over a black base colour, and will be worn during the upcoming 2020/2021 season..
- Adidas designed the print as an interpretation of Azulejos – a type of Spanish and Portuguese ceramic tile that was first made in the 13th century, and can be found on many baroque buildings in Madrid..
- “After some research and immersion into Madrid culture, we discovered the Azulejos were very prominent in the city and also commonly in baroque style,”.
- “We and the club felt this was a strong connection to the city and to the daily life in Madrid – something everyone can relate to whilst still being a thing of beauty and art,”…