Sumary of Balenciaga spoofs the red carpet and debuts The Simpsons episode at Paris Fashion Week:
- Balenciaga continues to shake up the fashion week format, taking Paris by storm with a witty red carpet cum catwalk reversal for SS22 and special screening of a Simpsons episode written exclusively by Matt Groening for the Maison.
- First the red carpet presentation: in a reversal of general proceedings, where buyers, press and front row guests are photographed arriving to attend a show, Gvasalia switched the format, with models and celebrities posing on a faux red carpet dressed in Spring Summer 2022, before entering the venue.
- ## The collection The first look was an oversized black gown, one giant ball of chiffon pouffe, perfectly setting the tone for Gvasalia’s red carpet spoof.
- Gvasalia himself emulated his Kim Kardashian Met Ball outfit, taking a bow with his face covered in a veil and black hoodie.
- Special screening of The Simpsons / Balenciaga The unexpected pièce de resistance was the red carpet doubling as the premiere for The Simpsons collaboration, a brilliant episode where Homer sees Marge has been fantasising about a Balenciaga gown in a magazine, which tries to order for her birthday but can’t afford to keep.