Sumary of Bethany Williams debuts a colourful, socially conscious collection at LFW:
- The collection focuses on five main storylines shared by the families of the Magpie Project, as well as Williams’ own childhood story..
- said Williams, who has also committed to run a workshop series with the Magpie Project, to ensure the families stories are amplified and shared..
- Bethany Williams The clothes themselves took inspiration from the garment archives of the V&A Museum of Childhood, and most notable among them is Williams’ first tailoring;.
- Williams once again worked with the UK-based social manufacturing partner Making Change to create the garments, and for the first time used donations of deadstock Merino wool from luxury brand Ermenegildo Zegna, which was then printed with eco-friendly inks in Peckham..
- Bethany Williams Mood-boosting colourful knits sit alongside svelte white unisex suiting and there are even two corsets created with Welsh designer Rosie Evans using cut-offs from the collection production and featuring boning made from fruit packaging waste..
- Bethany Williams As ever, 20 per cent of the profits from the collection will go to The Magpie Project via The Bethany Williams Benevolent Fund….