Sumary of Decathlon announces suspension of its activities in Russia:
- Decathlon is forced to suspend the operation of its stores. Decathlon is one of the three brands associated with the Mulliez family operating in Russia, along with Auchan and Leroy-Merlin, which continue their activity in the country.
- On March 24, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked before the French parliament that Renault, Auchan, Leroy Merlin and others stop being sponsors of Russia’s war machine in Ukraine.
- In the statement, the brand added: We will continue to support our 2500 Russian teammates. The suspension of activities was announced late in the morning through an email sent to employees, in which the company specifies that it is unable to maintain 92% of (its) supply in Russia due to international sanctions.
- Under pressure since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, the French company specialized in sporting goods Decathlon announced this Tuesday in a statement the suspension of its activities in Russia, due to supply problems.
- The brand has a particularly strong presence in the Moscow region, where 22 of its stores are located.
- Decathlon in a Moscow shopping center – AFParchives The brand of the Mulliez universe writes in its statement: Scrupulously respecting international sanctions, Decathlon notes that the supply conditions are no longer met to continue its activity in Russia.