Sumary of Fendace: The Wife Swap of the Fashion World Versace and Fendi switched designers in an opulent, supermodel-studded…:
- Photo: Courtesy of Fendi “It’s a first in the history of fashion,” said Donatella Versace about a special runway show held in Milan in the courtyard of the Versace family mansion.
- What happened was a sort of Wife Swap — although considerably more luxurious, opulent, and Italian: Kim Jones and Silvia Venturini Fendi of Fendi and Donatella Versace literally swapped houses.
- The runway show, straightforwardly titled Versace by Fendi — Fendi by Versace, opened with veteran model Kristen McMenamy wearing a slinky black gown.
- But with a closer look, it became clear that this wasn’t simply a Versace affair, and the Fendi monogram made several appearances — on gold chokers, on bracelets, on shoe and dress straps, on belts that say “Fendace,” and on handbags spliced with Versace’s own logo.
- At 25 total looks, the collection was inspired by the mid- to late-’90s era of the Italian house under Gianni Versace — the ’90s house soundtrack underscored this.