Sumary of Foreign tourism multiplied by 11 in February, up to 3.15 million:
- The most popular destination was the Canary Islands, where 30.7% of all foreign tourists arrived (almost one million, especially British and German), followed by Catalonia (620,000, mainly from France and the rest of Europe).
- Spain received 3.15 million international tourists last February, 11 times more than the same month last year, which confirms the end of the impact of the omicron variant of Covid-19, although there are still 2.5 million to reach pre-pandemic levels.
- The strongest increases were among tourists from the Nordic countries and Ireland (around 2,000% each) and the Netherlands (1,480%).
- Andalusia was in third position, with 425,300 tourists, followed by the Valencian Community, with 393,000 travellers.
- The plane continues to gain strength as a way of arrival, and increased 1320%, to 2.58 million people.
- Tourists in Valencia – File – EFE According to the data published this Monday by the National Institute of Statistics (INE), the expenditure made by foreign travelers totaled 3,757 million euros, well above the 324 million of the previous year.
- By road, 554,000 tourists entered (476% more) and through the ports, 15,375 (587% increase).