Sumary of Frasers Group buys Saville Row tailor Gieves & Hawkes:
- We are delighted to have acquired Gieves & Hawkes, securing a long term future for an iconic 250 year old brand, Frasers Group CEO Michael Murray said in a statement.
- Frasers Group has also snapped up stakes in a number of fashion companies in the past year, including Mulberry, Hugo Boss, Asos, and N Brown.
- Acquisition-hungry Frasers Group has bought many embattled businesses in recent years, which had been knock solid by the pandemic.
- This moment, the British retail giant has bought iconic Saville Row tailor Gieves & Hawkes for an undisclosed sum.
- It concludes months of speculation over who would purchase the London menswear retailer, whose parent company, Chinese fashion group Trinity Limited, fell into administration late last year.
- This year alone, the group has bought swift fashion rivals I Saw It First and Missguided, British value retailer Studio Retail, and Australian sneaker and streetwear retailer Sneakerboy.