Sumary of From Dua Lipa to Boris Johnson – why it’s a ‘cultural mistake’ to wear union jack clothing:
- For something that can mean so many different things to different people, the union jack once again appearing in public spaces cannot be ignored..
- The singer had an Amy Winehouse beehive hairdo and wore a Vivienne Westwood union jack suit jacket, decorated with chains and worn as a dress..
- Andrew Timms/PA At the height of the chaotic Brexit tensions, Stormzy headlined Glastonbury wearing a vest emblazoned with a union jack logo..
- Indeed, the look of the union jack on the vest, faded with monochrome colour, was as far away from the bright reds and blues of the nationalistic flag as you could get..
- Lipa may have referenced the union jack dress Geri Halliwell wore at the 1997 Brit awards, but that was a very different time and mindset..
- “I was like, ‘It a bit boring isn’t it?’ and I said, ‘Why don’t I put a union jack flag on it?’ and she went:…