Sumary of H&M closes flagship in Shanghai:
- Online, Chinese citizens are calling for boycotts of the brands mentioned, and Chinese stars are refusing to cooperate.
- The closed H&M flagship store in Shanghai- Image: Reuters At the beginning of the month, the three-story building in downtown Shanghai was still open.
- In mainland China, the company had more than 500 stores as of early 2021, but the website currently lists only 376 of them, including the flagship store in Shanghai.
- Although the two-month total lockdown ordered in Shanghai was lifted almost a month ago, customers have not yet returned to malls in significant numbers.
- Chinese customers have also distanced themselves from the company since H&M wrote in 2021 raising concerns about forced labor allegations in the Xinjiang region.
- The company did not comment on the closure, citing the lockdown period ahead of the release of the semi-annual report on March 29.