Sumary of Hugo Boss entrusts his artistic direction to Marco Falcioni following the departure of Ingo Wilts:
- The brand announced on Monday that it is revamping its creative direction: Marco
- Falcioni – Hugo Boss For some time now, the German fashion giant has been wanting to reposition its Hugo and Boss brands in order to reach a younger target audience looking for more casual pieces.
- But now Ingo Wilts, the brand director of Hugo Boss AG, decided to leave the board of directors for personal reasons on February 28.
- He had been a member since 2016 and had recently taken over the overall artistic direction of the collections, including those of the fashion shows.
- He and his team also gave the two labels new visual identities, unveiled in January.
- Despite his departure from the board, he will remain involved in the company’s collections projects until the end of the year.
- Falcioni, until then senior vice-president of artistic direction at Hugo Boss, will take over the global artistic direction of the group’s two brands from March 1, in close collaboration with the designers responsible for each of the lines.
- He joined the company in 2015 and will report directly to CEO Daniel Grieder in this new role.