Sumary of Item of the week: the sequin dress:
- What it is: As the party season fast approaches, it seems an appropriate time to dive into a holiday classic: the sequin dress.
- A common occurrence in both SS22 runways and social media trends, the sequin dress is a staple celebration look, perfect for the ongoing transition from lockdown life to the new sense of normality some are facing as restrictions slowly ease away.
- Sequins have the ability to bring life to any colour, with a wide variety of options from classic metallics, like silver and gold, to the more daring tones, such as bright pinks and primary hues.
- Many brands have opted for drop waist or loose-fitted sequin dresses for the coming season, while others are sticking to body-forming looks that hug the figure in sparkles.
- However it appears, the sequin dress continues to lead the popularity contest as the statement-making garment for special occasions.