Sumary of Labor will give companies a month to transition from the ERTE-Covid to those of the labor reform:
- The current regulation of the ERTE-Covid ends on February 28. The social agents met this Thursday with the Government to discuss how the transition will be made from said ERTE to those regulated in the labor reform.
- The proposal that the Government put on the table on Thursday involves not extending the regulation of the pandemic ERTE beyond February 28 and going on to apply those of the labor reform.
- The vice president understands that it is time to deploy the mechanisms agreed upon by the Government and the social agents in the labor reform.
- This rule contemplates what is called the ‘RED Mechanism’, some new ERTEs that will allow the reduction of working hours and the suspension of the employment of workers in the style of the ERTE-Covid in the face of cyclical and sectoral crises.
- What Labor proposed yesterday, according to union sources, is to activate the sectoral RED for travel agencies, whose objective is to provide support for the retraining of workers in companies and sectors in transition that require permanent changes.
- The sectoral REDs must be accompanied by a requalification plan.
- For this, in addition, the host company will have access to a bonus of 50% for six months, as agreed in the labor reform.
- The vice president has made it clear this Friday that both workers and companies can be “absolutely calm” before the end of the ERTE-Covid.