Sumary of Lenzing opens the world’s largest lyocell fiber production facility in Thailand:
- The new production facility, which is the largest of its kind in the world with a nominal capacity of 100,000 tons per year, has started production on schedule and is intended to help meet the growing demand for Tencel-branded lyocell fibers even better.
- Demand for our wood-based, biodegradable specialty fibers from the Tencel, Lenzing Ecovero and Veocel brands is constantly increasing.
- March announced the successful completion of its Lyocell expansion project in Thailand.
- Lenzing’s new and largest lyocell fiber production plant goes into operation – Lenzing The construction of the plant in Industrial Park 304 in Prachinburi – located approx.
- Lenzing will continue to explore opportunities to expand lyocell production in other parts of the world.
- The investment in the first phase includes the general infrastructure that will be useful for future expansion.
- The investments (CAPEX) amounted to around 400 million euros.