Sumary of Mango to abandon direct sales in Russia after 23 years due to the war:
- The company stressed that since the start of the war, Mango has provided coverage to its teams in both Ukraine and Russia, continuing to pay their salaries and providing them with all the legal coverage they have needed.
- After analyzing the security protocols, Mango, which last February temporarily closed its 14 stores in Ukraine, is gradually reopening its stores in the country in areas far from the war, and in response to requests from both its franchisees and its direct local teams.
- Archivo – EFE As reported by El País and confirmed by the company in a statement, in order to guarantee coverage to its 800 employees in Russia, Mango will cease to operate directly in the country and has reached an agreement with several of its franchise partners to divest its business to them.
- Fashion company Mango has decided to definitively abandon direct sales in Russia after 23 years operating in the country, and is handing over its stores to its franchisees in view of the uncertainty regarding the evolution of the geopolitical situation following the invasion of Ukraine.
- Last March, as a result of the war in Ukraine, Mango decided to temporarily suspend its operations in Russia, leaving the 55 stores it owns in the country -another 65 are franchises- and the online sales platform without activity.