Sumary of Mexico participates in the urgent debate on the situation in Ukraine:
- The urgent debate would conclude this Friday, March 4, putting the draft resolution for the consideration of the Council membership.
- Participated this March 3 in the urgent debate on the situation of human rights in Ukraine, as part of the activities of the 49th session of the Human Rights Council (CoDH) of the United Nations (UN) that takes place in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Expansión In her participation, the Undersecretary for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights of the SRE, Martha Delgado Peralta, highlighted that Mexico
- Voted in favor of holding this urgent debate given the information received on the worsening of the humanitarian and human rights situation in Ukraine.
- Stressed that the peaceful solution to the conflict must be privileged, and that the human rights of all people be fully respected, taking specific measures to protect those people who face situations of vulnerability, as well as the importance of preventing human rights violations in compliance with the mandate of the Tip.