Sumary of She had dressed Nancy Reagan and Grace Kelly: the Japanese stylist Hanae Mori is dead:
- Japanese designer Hanae Mori died on August 11 at her home in Tokyo at the age of 96, several major Japanese media announced on Thursday.
- Japanese designer Hanae Mori, recognized worldwide as a member of the haute couture elite, died on August 11 at her home in Tokyo at the age of 96, several major Japanese media announced Thursday.
- Hanae Mori was one of the few Japanese women at the head of an international company, and as such remained a pioneer in the emancipation of women in her country.
- Hanae Mori was nicknamed Madame Butterfly for the butterfly designs that had made her trademark.
- His death was confirmed by his office to the Kyodo news agency, while other Japanese media reported that his funeral had already been held privately.
- Over the decades, his luxurious handmade creations have been worn by Nancy Reagan, Grace Kelly and many other personalities.