Sumary of The last portrait of smiling Queen Elizabeth: the brooch hides a precious memory:
- On that occasion, the photographer Ranald Mackechnie took a portrait shown to the world only today, before the last farewell: the queen wears a powder blue dress and wears selected jewels – as always – with a deep symbolic meaning.
- The queen in her photo also wore matching earrings and a precious aquamarine brooch – a reminder of her beloved father for her 18th birthday.
- At her funeral all the women of the royal family are likely to wear pearls: they are one of the few jewels granted during mourning and are an obvious homage to the matriarch.
- In her portrait, Elizabeth II wore the inevitable necklace with three rounds of pearls around her neck, one of her favorite jewels: the memory of a family tradition.
- Queen Elizabeth was the first English monarch to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee, reaching an impressive 70-year record on the throne.
- The death of Queen Elizabeth II 19 September 2022 On the eve of the state funeral, Buckingham Palace wanted to share one last portrait of Elizabeth II serene and smiling.
- On the eve of the state funeral, a solemn event that will bring together heads of state and crowned heads, Buckingham Palace wanted to share with the world a final portrait of the deceased sovereign, taken only a few months before her death.