Sumary of Tod’s launches new collab with students from Instituto Marangoni in Florence and Milan:
- Tod’s has revealed exciting plans to launch a new collaborative project with students from Istituto Marangoni’s two Italian campuses during Milano Fashion Week in February.
- A sketch by Leyla Babayeva – Photo: Tod’s Academy – Photo: Tod’s Academy Entitled Tod’s Re-Generation, the collaboration connects Tod’s students at Istituto Marangoni, both in Florence and Milan.
- This project was launched a year after the Italian luxury brand unveiled Tod’s Legacy, a link-up with students from Central Saint Martins in London, in a “borderless selection” of the UK fashion school’s master’s course .
- “After collaborating with Central Saint Martins in London, we had the desire to support an Italian school within Tod’s Academy.
- Tod’s Academy is a laboratory of ideas based at our headquarters in the Marche region, imagined as a place to do and think, in which our artisans accompany and support young people, offering them skills and techniques to make products.
- It is the expression of the highest culture of Made in Italy and was conceived with a view to generational continuity, to give impetus to young creative people and help them on their growth path”, explained Carlo Alberto Beretta, Tod’s Brand Manager.
- For its last call, Tod’s Academy has selected 20 students from both the universities of Milan and Florence, historically the two most important capitals of Italian fashion.
- The lucky ones have been working at Tod’s headquarters in the eastern Marche region of Italy since December.