Sumary of UK online fashion sales surged in January:
- Download Print Text size aA+ aA- UK fashion sales stayed robust online during January with a five-fold increase for some categories compared to January 2020..
- It said total e-sales revenue rose 6% and online order numbers rose 15%, but on the latter measure, fashion retailers surged with a 124% increase as some categories saw an even bigger leap..
- The monthly data was gathered from its eCommerce analytics platform, TrendDesk, and is based on 3,000 retailers with 70,000 sales a day..
- And it said that the positive January sales came after a good December that had also seen online sales rocketing..
- CEO Rich Himsworth said that while the online surge isn’t unexpected, it perhaps surprising that so many people are shopping online for fashion rather than saving their spend for when stores reopen…