Sumary of A Farfetch report reveals that luxury shoppers are more “aware” than ever before and brands are resp…:
- In addition, brands that score high on Good On You and are rated by Farfetch as fully aware accounted for 49% of the overall GMV (gross merchandise value) of aware products, an increase of 52%.
- See runwayStella McCartney – Fall-Winter 2022 – Womenswear – Paris – © PixelFormula With a particular focus on products that do less harm to the planet
- This growth was due both to growing consumer interest and to companies (not just those already famous for their conscientious stance, like Stella McCartney) responding to it with a broader offering.
- And respect animal welfare, the company has said sales of conscious products have increased almost twice as fast as the market average last year.
- Interestingly, 65% of second-hand sales volume comes from their Private and Platinum customers, who are the biggest spenders.
- The retailer’s customers are looking for quality and longevity in their purchases and the pandemic seems to have had a clear effect on how they perceive fashion purchases.
- Farfetch analyzed data from luxury customers’ interactions with those products (including second-hand), as well as services that promote circularity.