Sumary of After 20 years of legal battles, Manolo Blahnik wins a historic lawsuit against a Chinese brand:
- Italian version of Text size Italian version of No wonder Manolo Blahnik describes this victory as remarkable and exceptional.
- The protection guaranteed to the first who files a brand.
- Manolo Blahnik added that the company’s plans for the Chinese market were still in its infancy, but that he hoped to start selling directly to China in the second half of next year.
- The Manolo Blahnik Company will continue to vigorously protect its brands around the world, for the benefit of my uncle Manolo, our customers and our company, he continued.
- Manolo Blahnik Kristina Blahnik, CEO of the company and grandson of the founder, added: This is a significant victory for my uncle, our family and our team, and I would like to express my gratitude to the Chinese Supreme People’s Court for its examination.
- The outcome of this procedure means that, for the first time since 1999, Manolo Blahnik will be able to use his name and offer his creations to his customers throughout China.
- I am looking forward to returning, to rediscover the beauty and elegance of China, said Manolo Blahnik, founder and creative director of his label, revealing the verdict.