Sumary of After 20 years of litigation, Manolo Blahnik may enter the Chinese market under his own name:
- “This is a significant victory for my uncle, our family and team, and I want to express my gratitude to the Supreme People’s Court of the People’s Republic of China for carefully and thoughtfully reviewing our long-standing case,” said Manolo Blahnik CEO and Manolo’s niece Christina Blahnik.
- The review of the case on the merits took place in January, and five months later the court issued a final decision to invalidate the brand, practically with the same name as Manolo Blahnik.
- According to Blahnik, the company has not made any far-reaching plans for the Chinese market, but hopes to start trading there in the second half of next year.
- Manolo Blahnik And this is what Christina Blahnik told the Financial Times: “It was a huge hole in our existence.
- Commenting on the decision, Manolo Blahnik said: “We are incredibly grateful for the generous support given to us in China and around the world, in and out of the fashion industry.
- My sincere thanks to the Supreme People’s Court of the People’s Republic of China and to all who accompanied us in this long process.