Sumary of Alexis Mabille: blooming flowers in vibrant hues:
- Translated by Isabelle Crossley Published Jul 8, 2021 Reading time 3 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Translated by Isabelle Crossley Published Jul 8, 2021 A winter garden was French couturier Alexis Mabille’s proposition for autumn/ winter 2021/ 2022.
- The couture collection, “Femme-Fleur,” saw Mabille transform his models into real-life, voluminous flowers with vibrant colours and designs where silk Casimir unfurls into giant roses and exuberant tulle skirts create realistic petals in motion.
- “For this collection, I worked a lot with volume to create an effect like a woman in bloom, with dresses like petals and movements reminiscent of the form of petals around the centre of a flower.”As the models strode out to open the designer’s personal garden, first was a mini dress in white silk Casimir which represented a bouquet of tulips.
- Another notable look was a red carpet-worthy strapless dress in yellow satin that resembled the petals of a daffodil and also featured embroidery in the shape of a garden trellis.“I worked with the concept of fulfilment and of renewal, which we all so badly need at the moment,” said Mabille, sharing his desire for his artistic creations to reflect the current context in an eternally elegant and subtle way.
- “It is very strongly coloured for a winter collection, as if it were a winter garden, which is indeed the season in which the most beautiful flowers bloom,” said Mabille.[embedded content]The brand’s architectural constructions are also highlighted in this collection with a trio of voluptuous layers of tulle in gradient colours.