Sumary of Alyx’s hardware-heavy take on the…:
- Back in January of last year, during Paris Fashion Week, Alyx designer Matthew Williams teased a luxurious riff on a pair of Nike sneakers: the iconic Air Force 1. He took the beloved streetwear silhouette and did just enough, adding his signature anodized buckle alongside some glossy metallic text.
- That has amounted to eight colorways of the collaboration in total, of which you’d have been lucky to score a single one.
- But this week, Nike and Williams are dropping the complete series in one swoop.
- NikeIt’s easy to see why the Williams-designed Air Force 1 skyrocketed to covetable status.
- All colorways reference classic Nike tones: white and red and black, with nods to the original Air Force 1 and the brand’s historic “Bred” colorway.