Sumary of Because Princess Anne was the only woman in trousers at Queen Elizabeth’s funeral:
- At the time, for example, there were no women in the army, much less those born in the royal family.
- Today the world pays its final farewell to the late queen: the entire royal family was present at her funeral, including Prince George and his sister Charlotte, in the black hat.
- Following the strict dress code for mourning provided for by the protocol, all the women of the royal family wore dresses or skirts, with one exception: Princess Anne, who was granted an exemption by the queen herself.
- The sovereign has changed the tradition for her daughter: she is the first princess in full dress at such a solemn event, and the only female member of the royal family who can wear pants.
- Within these walls Elizabeth II married the beloved Prince Philip, and a few years later she was crowned queen.
- On the occasion of her 70th birthday, the princess also obtained the rank of Chief Marshal in the RAF.
- Activate notifications to receive updates on The Death of Queen Elizabeth II ACTIVATE UPDATES At Westminster Abbey today an era closed forever.