Sumary of Burberry pledges to be climate positive by 2040:
- Burberry has pledged to become climate positive by 2040, going further than its earlier target to be net-zero by that same year..
- The company said it is the first luxury brand to set out the goal, which it will achieve by investing in key initiatives “to support wider climate change efforts beyond its value chain”..
- that protect and restore natural ecosystems that remove carbon from the atmosphere, as well as “climate resilience projects”.
- Burberry also announced its support for the Fashion Avengers, a coalition of global fashion organisations working together to promote action towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)..
- As part of this, Burberry is supporting the Forest for Change, a UN Global Goals installation created by British designer Es Devlin for the 2021 London Design Biennale….