Sumary of Chanel travels to Dakar with Métiers d’art collection:
- In the past, Chanel has presented this collection dedicated to handicrafts, namely in Tokyo, New York, Shanghai and Edinburgh.
- Since the 2018-19 collection, presented in New York in December 2018, the brand has stopped presenting the collection dedicated to its savoir-faire outside France, with the exception of some replica shows, such as the one that just happened in Florence.
- Look from the last Chanel Métiers dart show – © PixelFormula After the last Métiers dart show signed by Karl Lagerfeld in 2018, the following year Virginie Viard chose Paris and the Grand Palais.
- The luxury house will organize its Métiers dart 2022-23 show in Senegal’s capital on December 6.
- Amid the pandemic, the maison presented its collection through a film shot at the Château de Chenonceau, located in Touraine, and, in December 2021, the fashion show took place at 19M, the group’s new space, at the gates of the French capital, which brings together its luxury artisans.
- Chanel returns to long-distance travel and leaves for Africa.
- By choosing Dakar, the maison intends to resonate with the savoir-faire of its métiers with As always, through this show, Chanel pays tribute to the artisans responsible for feathers, the glove makers, embroiderers, adorners, cobblers and others who make up its handicrafts .