Sumary of Christian Dior: Fantasy phantom-thread couture:
- Sumary of Christian Dior: Fantasy phantom-thread couture: Published Jul 5, 2021 Reading time 4 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Published Jul 5, 2021 The common thread of the latest Christian Dior haute couture collection was, well, threads, best expressed by the remarkable materials and unique set built for its runway show in Paris…..
- [embedded content] Staged Monday afternoon, the opening day of the four-day haute couture season in the French capital, the live catwalk show was held inside a magnificent rectangular tent, all of whose walls were decorated by gigantic abstract impressionist installation named, Chambre de Soie, courtesy of artist Eva Jospin…..
- Although, the starting point for Dior creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri was reading Threads of Life, Scottish author Clare Hunter”s philosophical study of the influence of fabrics and materials in history…..
- Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/ Winter 2021-2022 – Photo: Courtesy of Christian Dior – Photo: Courtesy of Christian Dior Impressionism in multiple forms seen in the brilliant fabrics that were the raw material of this fall/winter 2021 collection…..
- From striking combination of polyamide mesh interlaced with micro crystals to the stupendous velour jacquard floral patterns made by Bucol of Paris…..
- Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/ Winter 2021-2022 – Photo: Courtesy of Christian Dior – Photo: Courtesy of Christian Dior The Italian designer was self-confident enough to experiment with many of Monsieur Dior own iconic looks, extending the bar jacket out from the torso and lengthening his full skirt, in a modernist twist of The New Look…..