Sumary of Consumers eager to spend, confidence highest since late 2019, reports say:
- Published Jul 19, 2021 Reading time 2 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Published Jul 19, 2021 Two pieces of good news for Monday.
- Consumers are now the most eager they’ve been to spend in 13 years, and consumer confidence is at its strongest since the end of 2019. That’s according to a consumer confidence poll by PwC, and Deloitte’s latest survey.
- Photo: PexelsAdmittedly, that goes against some other surveys showing confidence is stalling, but it’s still encouraging as retailers prepare for the start of a low-key ‘Freedom Day’.
- PwC said its Consumer Sentiment Index was showing its best reading since it was launched in 2008.Confidence has improved across all age groups and all regions of the UK, “thanks to high levels of vaccination and the lack of opportunity to spend during lockdown, which has left many households with high levels of savings”.
- The survey of 2,000 adults was conducted from 18-20 June, albeit before cases of Covid began to escalate and confusion over the latest rules blurred.