Sumary of Consumers hold businesses responsible for sustainability drive:
- Sumary of Consumers hold businesses responsible for sustainability drive: Published Jul 5, 2021 Reading time 4 minutes Download Print Text size aA+ aA- Published Jul 5, 2021 Companies around the world need to boost their sustainability efforts, not just for the planet, but also for their bottom line…..
- That’s because consumers globally believe companies are the most responsible for a whole host of sustainability issues…..
- Companies need to do more for the planet and to share information about their actions, consumers say – Photo: Pexels/Public domain That’s according to new research from the Mintel Sustainability Barometer…..
- And while it seems to place a lot of responsibility on companies, it seems that consumers also recognising that they themselves have a big part to play as well…..
- As many as 48% of consumers globally think that businesses need to be responsible for increasing the amount of packaging that recycled, with only 25% thinking that it’s the responsibility of consumers and 20% saying that governments need to take the matter in hand…..
- Meanwhile, two in five (41%) global consumers hold companies responsible for reducing emissions from air transport, compared to 36% who believe it up to governments, and just 12% who think it the responsibility of consumers…..
- Mintel spoke to consumers in Brazil, France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Spain, Australia, Canada, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and the US…..
- And 54% of them still think there time to save the planet (although that means almost half of consumers must think that there isn’t), and 51% think their own behaviour can make a positive difference…..