Sumary of Cool Finesse From Saint Laurent While the younger designers at Paris Fashion Week struggle to find a new path.:
- Left to right: Dries Van Noten, Saint Laurent, Dries Van Noten Photo-Illustration: by The Cut;
- Photos: Courtesy of Saint Laurent, Rafael Pavarotti/Courtesy of Dries Van Noten The Paris ready-to-wear shows are not likely to drop any bombs;
- The Belgian designer Dries Van Noten told me, “Not everything has to be luxury, not everything has to be logos.
- ” Van Noten himself went further out of his sober form — painting his models’ hair in electric colors and giving them long, fake, bejeweled fingernails.
- You sense that young designers in particular are trying to negotiate a path between their generation’s ideas about dress and what the industry has long regarded as essential to good design, beginning with the clear intentions of a designer.